- Uninstalling Snap Camera
Uninstalling Snap Camera
We’re really sorry to see you go. But if you do decide to uninstall Snap Camera, here's how to do it:
1. Navigate to your Applications folder in Finder.
2. Right-click on Snap Camera.app and hit Move to Trash.
3. Enter your password if prompted and hit OK.
4. Hold on, you're not done yet! In order to finish uninstallation, please wait a bit until the following dialog appears:
5. Hit Yes.
6. Reboot your computer. You’re now all set.
If for any reason you have uninstalled the Snap Camera app but the virtual camera is still available as an option in other applications, please follow these steps to get rid of it completely:
1. Open Terminal application in the Utilities folder.
2. Copy and paste the following set of commands to your Terminal window:
launchctl remove com.snap.AssistantService
rm -r ~/Library/Caches/Snap/Snap\ Camera
rm -r ~/Library/Preferences/Snap/Snap\ Camera
osascript -e 'do shell script "launchctl remove com.snap.SnapCameraRemover; rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.snap.SnapCameraRemover.plist; rm -r /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/SnapCamera.plugin; exit 0" with administrator privileges'
3. Hit Enter and enter your password if prompted.
4. Reboot your computer. You’re now all set.
1. Look for the Uninstall Snap Camera program in your Start menu and run it.
2. Click ‘Yes’ and follow the uninstaller's instructions.
3. Reboot your computer. You’re now all set.
Still Looking for help?Visit Support